KTorrent running on a KDE4 session.
|Developed by||Joris Guisson, Ivan Vasić|
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|OS||Unix-like, Mac OS X, Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
KTorrent is a KDE BitTorrent client written in C++. It's alright, but it's slow and inefficient on high-bandwidth links and it's also based on a graphical user interface, which obviously is nothing of value compared to a good cli interface.
 Ease of abuse
KTorrents user interface has a search button which lets you search for interesting content abusing all major BitTorrent searchengines. The searches are limited to one searchengine at a time, there are many to choose from but Isohunt is there and it lets you download everything.
 Download speeds
It is slow and bloat. This won't be noticed on slow links, but if you have a slow box and a fast internet pipe then forget it.
- BitTorrent protocol encryption
- Peer exchange, supports both DHT and PEX
- Web interface plugin with default port number 8080
- IPv6 support
- Generation and parsing of magnet links
- Port forwarding with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- Upload and download speed capping / throttling & scheduling
- Internet searching with torrent search engines using KHTML part.
- Support for UDP trackers.
- DHT (mainline version), and support for trackerless torrents
- File Prioritization
- Ability to import partially-downloaded files
- Directory scanner to automatically watch directories for new torrents
- Manual addition of trackers to torrents
- RSS feed support
- µTP support
- SOCKS v4 and v5 support
- IP-based blocklist