LinuxReviews is a wiki with objective reviews of free software programs, apps and distributions. Here you can read other peoples experience with the GNU World Order system and share your own.
"I used to be upset when gnome developers decided it was "too complicated" for the user to remap some mouse buttons. In gnome3, the developers have apparently decided that it's "too complicated" to actually do real work on your desktop, and have decided to make it really annoying to do."
-Linus Torvalds on GNOME 3 when he switched to the superior Xfce desktop.
HOT TIP: Try ktouch if you do not know how to type using the touch-system. Learning the touch-system will let you type a whole lot faster. It's worth it.
Recommended Desktop Environments
- XFCE is the obvious choice if you want a clean desktop with a sane window-manager. This desktop lets you focus on the tasks you want to do. "It just works.". Hordes of GNOME users switched to XFCE when GNOME 3 came about.
- Fluxbox is another great chioce.
- KDE may be used if you spend ages configuring it.
- GNOME 3 is a big joke by developers who think a cellphone-like OS has a place on a desktop computer
Recommended Bittorrent Software
Recommended Video Editing Softwarez
- Video editing software <- This article SERIOUSLY needs some attention. How can we ask sexy hot blond Windows-using females to submit to the GNU World Order if we can't offer them a great video editing alternative for their YouTube attention-wh0re needs?
Recommended Television Software
- Livestation is NOT FREE, but it does allow you to experience RT, BBC & Bloomberg mind-control
Utterly Useless Free Flash Player Alternatives
- Gnash plays close to zero percent of the flash things you want to play.
- Lightspark lets you view even less.
Recommended Security Software
- Tor lets you browse the Internet anonymously.
- nmap is a great tool for testing your own security.
Top Emulation / Compatibility Software
- This subject is highly religious. We are not about to go anywhere near this subject.
- The war between emacs and vi(m) will probably not be resolved any time soon.
- VLC media player
Konqueror | Seamonkey | Arora | Firefox | Opera