Template:Open Source Software News
- 2005-11-21: GIMP 10th Anniversary Splash Contest
- "Barely in time for GIMP's tenth birthday is the 10th Anniversary GIMP Splash Contest. This new contest requires a tutorial with the submissions, so get out your favorite text editor and show us all of the beautiful things you can make your GIMP do. Submit those entries to the contest area of this web site and wait to see if there is a gimp-2.2.10 with your entry as the very special release splash."
- 2005-11-25: Microsoft: Linux is anti-commercial
- "Microsoft asked for references to free software to be removed from a document presented at last week's UN World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) conference, the software giant admitted on Friday."
- 2005-11-25: French Government Lobbied to Ban Free Software
- 2006-02-20: Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Now Available
- News in this release: Xen, now with x86_64!, Package selection within the installer has been reenabled., Rebuilt again on later gcc4.1 snapshot for performance and security, Hibernate should be functional on a wide variety of hardware again (use pm-hibernate to test), PPC Install CDs are bootable once again, Unified SRPM set instead of one per arch, Lots of bugfixes from Test 2 release testing, 1600+ Extras packages conveniently available via yum
- 2006-02-21: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon Europe 2006
- The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) is proud to announce that ApacheCon Europe 2006 will be held at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin, Ireland, June 26-30, 2006.
- 2006-02-27: Gentoo 2006.0 released
- Gentoo Linux 2006.0 allows you to choose between the three most popular desktop environments (KDE, GNOME and XFCE) and is based on GCC 3.4.4 and a 2.6.15 kernel.
- 2005-11-29: Big Easy Launches Free Wireless System
- "To help boost its stalled economy, hurricane-ravaged New Orleans is offering the nation's first free wireless Internet network owned and run by a major city."