itBit is a digital currency exchange built on global equities exchange standards. The exchange can be used by institutional investors, commercial businesses, and retail investors to trade bitcoin with U.S. dollars, Singapore dollars and euros worldwide. The exchange relies on top tier finance and security technology, employing NASDAQ exchange technology, Thomson Reuters for screening and continuous suspicious activity monitoring, and Jumio for identity verification.
itBit’s leadership includes Richmond Teo, CEO, and Jason Melo, CTO. The company is headquartered in Singapore. itBit is backed by Canaan Partners, RRE Ventures, Liberty City Ventures, and notable angel investors Jay W. Jordan II and Ben Davenport. itBit has received more than US$5 million in venture capital.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 itBit Raises $3.25 Million To Launch A New Global Bitcoin Exchange For Institutional Investors. TechCrunch (2013-11-11). Retrieved on 2014-02-19.
- ↑ itBit Launches Bitcoin Exchange with $5.5M in Funding. The Genesis Block. Retrieved on 2014-02-19.
- ↑ Ploshay, Elizabeth (2013-11-11). itBit to Launch as a Global Bitcoin Currency Exchange – Bitcoin Magazine. Bitcoinmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2014-02-19.
- ↑ Jerin Matthew. Singapore's ItBit Capitalises on Transaction Malleability Issue at Other Bitcoin Exchanges. Ibtimes.co.uk. Retrieved on 2014-02-19.
- ↑ http://www.coindesk.com/itbit-offers-incentives-bitcoin-traders-switch-exchanges/