2006-02-21: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon Europe 2006
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) is proud to announce that ApacheCon Europe 2006 will be held at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin, Ireland, June 26-30, 2006.
ApacheCon Europe is the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation in Europe. This annual event creates a unique platform for the Open Source community in Europe to come together to gain deep insight into techniques and methodologies critical to the advancement of Open Source software, and gain skills to optimize the power and versatility of Apache software.
The conference brings together ASF members, developers and contributors, business people, and power users, working with Apache and related software, to participate in a leading-edge forum to exchange ideas and network with peers.
The conference begins with two days of intensive half-day and full-day tutorials, which will offer actionable techniques and methodologies pivotal to the increasing demand for Open Source software.
The three main conference days offer a wide range of beginner, intermediate and advanced sessions. ApacheCon Europe attendees will have more than 70 sessions to choose from, to gain real-world insight and to learn first-hand the latest developments of key Open Source projects including the Apache HTTP Server - the world's most popular web server software.
Come share your knowledge, hit upon new ideas, find solutions and connect with your peers at this educational, fun-filled gathering of users, developers, and vendors of Apache software.
The ASF and the conference producer for the ApacheCon Europe conference series - Software & Support Verlag from Frankfurt, Germany - invite the Open Source community to send in session and tutorial proposals for ApacheCon Europe 2006.
Apache Software Foundation members are designing the technical program for ApacheCon Europe 2006, which will feature multiple tracks and dozens of technical sessions. The program committee is particularly interested in session and tutorial proposals on the following topics:
- Apache HTTP server topics (installation, configuration, migration, ...)
- All ASF projects such as, Jakarta, mod_perl, XML, and SpamAssassin
- Scripting languages and dynamic content (such as Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, XML, XSL, and PHP)
- Security and e-commerce
- Performance tuning, load balancing and high availability
- Technical and non-technical case studies
- New technologies (e.g., Web, Java, XML, and anti-spam)
Regular sessions will be 60 minutes and tutorials will be either 3 or 6 hours.
To submit a proposal, visit http://www.apachecon.com/2006/EU/cfp. The deadline for submitting is March 27, 2006
Speaker benefits include:
- travel costs will be covered
- accommodation depending on the number of sessions will be covered
- tutorials speakers will be paid an extra fee for their efforts
- conference registration fees will be waived
ApacheCon Europe Team